There’s a lot to LIFE, so that’s why we’ve summarized below a list of what you get when you join us.
India and Israel
- Two Professional Internships – Two professional internships with top NGOs, each lasting approximately three months in an area of your interest and expertise. Internships are project-based and include mentoring.
- Leadership Development Training – Our team has been trained in Harvard’s Adaptive Leadership model. We’ll use this model to learn together we will learn about models of social change, management styles and methods, intercultural and cross-cultural communications, the role of government, business and NGOs in social change and much more.
- Meetings and Educational Outings – Meet with leaders of some of the most cutting-edge social change NGOs on earth. Learn about the impact key initiatives are making in the field through on-site visits.
- Apartment Living – Furnished apartments with wireless internet, functional kitchen in residential neighborhoods so you can meet and interact with locals. Rooms are shared.
- Health Insurance
- Local Transportation – Funds for your daily transportation costs to and from your the internship placement
- Time for Personal Travel
- Support and guidance from LIFE’s staff
- Round Trip Flights from Israel to India - Travel to and from India from Israel (group flights)
- Orientation Week in Mumbai - Explore India’s Jewish community in Mumbai, and begin to get oriented to India and tour some of India’s most famous sites
- Local Flavor - Indian cooking classes
- Travel Time/Holidays - A total of three weeks of holiday/personal travel time to explore India
Note that the following items are not covered in LIFE’s tuition:
- Hebrew Ulpan – 64 hours of intensive Hebrew language acquisition classes at Beit Mitchell.
- Israeli & Jewish Holidays - Enjoy Passover in Israel, and celebrate Israeli Independence Day and other holidays.
- Study Tour To Jordan - From Israel you'll embark upon a four day excursion to Jordan to learn about the social sector in that country and the Arab world.
- Flights to and from Israel from your home country.
- Visas for Israel and India. Note that LIFE will provide the documentation necessary to acquire the visas.
- Vaccinations. LIFE will provide a list of which are required so that you may be vaccinated in your home country.
- Food and groceries. During seminars food may be provided
- Personal travel expenses
- Mobile Phone Rentals. LIFE will facilitate the purchase of cheap local lines and/or phone in Israel and India.
Our past participants have indicated that one should allow about US $300/ month for personal expenses. This includes food, modest style travel in India during holiday periods, telephone bills, some eating out, small gifts, and other regular daily expenses. This will vary according to lifestyle and budget.